Top 6 Tips For Purchasing New WindowsApril 17, 2013
1. Warranty – Most businesses will have a warranty, however the key is to read the fine print if there is any and determine what exactly is covered and is the warranty transferable to a new home owner if you wish to sell your home.
2. Affiliations – Most consumers get confused by an overload of information on websites and advertisements, so we recommend looking at companies with affiliations with very important groups like the Better Business Bureau, SAWDAC (Siding and Window Dealers Association of Canada), WindowWise.com and Canadian Federation of Business.
3. Longevity – How long has the company been in business? The longer the company has been around is usually a direct correlation to how credible the company is.
4. Installation – Making sure you know who will be performing the installation is most important aspect of window replacement. Do they contract the window installation out? Who pays for the supplies? Who pays the insurance? Who pays the WCB? How long have they been installing windows? How big is the crew?
6. Reviews – Over the last decade the internet has become the research platform for every consumer looking to get educated, and replacement windows are no different. Company websites and sales reps will often tell you what you want to hear. As a consumer, I often look for un-biased third party information on the company in question. Websites like Homestars.com and BBB.org provide you with real consumer reviews on the company, and can aid you as you navigate through the numerous options available in the market.