Sliding Patio Doors
Sliding patio doors need to let in the view and keep out the weather. At Long Life, we install one of the few sliding patio doors manufactured in Canada that qualify for use in R2000 super-insulated housing.
The same construction that makes them energy efficient, also minimizes sound transmission and makes them strong. What’s more, these sliding doors are durable, low maintenance, and slide smoothly with the touch of a finger.
- Our sliding patio doors have highly thermal efficient, multi-hollow chambered, precision- engineered vinyl profiles. They are one of the few sliding patio doors that are approved for use in R-2000 Homes.
- Air chambers provide high resistance to the transfer of heat and cold.
- These doors are strong. Both the horizontal and vertical mainframe of each sash incorporates aluminum reinforcing. Galvanized steel reinforcing adds to the rigidity and stability of the sliding sections.
- All our sliding doors have three locking systems, including a two-positional foot lock made with double slotted heavy-duty hardened steel. When the foot lock pin is in place – it stays in place.
- The sliding patio doors come with an exterior aluminum kick plate that also serves as the heavy-duty screen track. The standard sliding screen is lockable and can be made with optional paw resistant screen mesh.
- The standard half moon handle is both elegant and functional. The handle screws penetrate through the vinyl outer layer and through the aluminum reinforced inner layer for added strength and security. We also have an optional double crimping multi-lock for added security available upon request.
- Our sliding patio doors keep the weather where it belongs – outside, which saves energy as well as saving you money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Vinyl sliding doors are virtually maintenance free. They will not rot, rust, corrode, pit, or blister under normal use.
- The strong and deep multi-chambered profiles maximize thermal efficiency, minimize noise transmission, and increase the strength of the frame.
- No tugging or pulling required. The double sets of wheels are nylon wrapped and have stainless steel ball bearings, allowing the door to slide smoothly and softly, with one-finger operation. Rollers are fully adjustable and easily replaceable if ever required.
- The sliding sash rolls on a raised aluminum track, so there are no difficult to clean vinyl channels.
Our sliding patio doors come in two, three, and four panel configurations. Ask your Long Life representative for images.
We offer a wide variety of energy-smart glazing options. Talk to our representatives about the best glass for your home.
Customize your doors to your needs and taste, with options like decorative grills and french door kick panels, adjustable foot locks, lockable screen and double crimping multi-locks for added security.
Our doors and windows are tested to exceed the Canadian Standard Association (CSA) [http://www.csa.ca/cm/ca/en/home] A440 standards, and to meet the standards of the American Architectural Manufacturer Association (AAMA) [http://www.aamanet.org/], and the National Fenestration Ratings Council (NFRC) [http://www.nfrc.org/].