Understanding the Different Style of WindowsJuly 9, 2019
At Long Life Windows and Doors we offer many different styles of vinyl windows. With the variety of openings available we can find the right fit for each room in your home. Factors to consider when deciding which window style is best can depend on air flow, view, security and your own personal preference.
Below are the most common types of windows.
- Sliding Windows: Sash slides horizontally, side to side. Available as single or double sliders.
- Hung Windows (also called vertical sliders): Sash slides vertically, up and down. Available as single or double hung.
- Picture Windows (also called fixed windows): Non-opening windows.
- Casement Windows: Sash swings out with hinges on the side. Can be push-out or crank-out.
- Awning Windows: Sash swings out with hinges on the top
- Tilt and Turn Windows: European style windows. Sash swings inward on side hinges. Also has a separate mechanism to allow sash to tilt inward at the top for ventilation.
- Bay and Bow Windows: Side-by-side multiple windows that project out from exterior wall.
Each style is available in different sizes and colours; please fill out this form if you would like a free in-home consultation: Free Window Estimate or stop by our showroom to experience each window style for yourself!